Whatever your style of decorating might be, here are a few tips to help you create the perfect living room…
- Select a spacious room – selecting the right size is vital when striving to create the perfect living room. As this is a space that you’ll be using a lot, and more often than not, sharing with others and perhaps even used for entertaining others (like parties), it’s always best to have plenty of space. If you live in a smallish house, then consider knocking down a few walls to get extra space. You can separate your area with semi transparent screens or sliding doors.
- Choose inviting colors – yellows, browns and oranges are generally considered warm and inviting colors…and these are perfect colors for your living room walls. Try to avoid colors like red, as they put you on an edge and keep you alert; making it harder for you to relax.
- Be smart with your seating arrangement – whether you get caught in a good book, or decide to laze the afternoon away, having a drama marathon, it’s inevitable that you will be spending a lot of time seated in your living room. So then it goes without saying that the seating you choose needs to be both comfortable, as well as provide efficient support for your back. If you have a sleek theme for your living room, then a Scandinavian armchair might be great for it. However, each person’s body type and sitting position is different, so it’s best not buying your furniture online…take the time to sit on it and then decide to buy.
- Entertainments unit…or not? – having the entertainment unit installed in the living room is a personal choice. If you share your home with someone else, then having the TV in the bedroom can be a little inconvenient; especially if the two of you don’t sleep at the same times. However, not having it in the living room will give you the freedom of playing around with your furniture; adding more if you desire. so if you have your eyes on the perfect designs that are Scandinavian coffee tables, reconsider your decision of installing an entertainment unit for the living room.
- Take care not to over clutter the space – it’s very easy to clutter up your living room with your decorations if you don’t pay attention. While it might give out a “homey” feel, overdoing it can make you feel uncomfortable in the space. Keeping the clutter down to minimum will also make the space appear large than it is.